Winter Fuel Program
November through March
- Jacobus Energy mixes additive at 32 degrees Fahrenheit (F) or above to the Mobile Fuel Tank at a ratio of 1gl/3,000gl; and
- In the event that that the low temperature in a given city is forecasted to be below 0 degrees Fahrenheit (F), we increase the ratio to 2gl/3,000gl. Our goal is to begin the increased ratio at least 48 hours prior to the date of the forecasted low. We maintain the increased ratio until the forecasted low is back above zero.
- We monitor professional weather forecasting services daily so we can react quickly to changes.
- We test our tanks regularly throughout the season.
- Test samples are taken from our trucks and automated fueling stations every two weeks between November 1st and March 31st. (In markets with multiple trucks, the truck tested is changed each time).
- Our samples are tested by a third party provider
- We have them test for the following items:
- Cloud Point (The temperature that wax begins to crystallize)
- CFPP (Cold Filter Plug Point) (The temperature that wax forms sheets or gels)
- Pour Point (The temperature that fuel is no longer a liquid)
- Water content
- We compile and analyze the test data and make adjustments to treatments as needed.
Please check with your sales representative or the Customer Service Department at 1-800-522-6287 for:
- Additional information about our additive
- Copies of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Answers to any questions or concerns about fuel quality